Local Arts Council Resources
The N.C. Arts Council’s Arts in Communities team works with arts councils and community arts partners in all 100 counties to create and sustain innovative arts programs. In addition to individual consultations with arts councils by N.C. Arts Council staff, a variety of resources for local arts councils are available.
- North Carolina Local Arts Councils Directory
Provides contact information for arts councils across North Carolina.
- Grassroots Arts Program Orientation 2022
Grassroots Arts Application Tools
- Grassroots Arts Program Guide & Subgranting Toolkit for 2022-2024
The Program Guide and Toolkit provides Arts Councils with guidelines and instructions, as well as examples of forms, letters, and contracts, and reports.
- Application Schedule 2023-2026
Designated County Partners are required to submit a full application every three years. The schedule lists the required application for arts councils in alpha order by county.
- Grassroots Arts Program Allotment Table: 2023-2024
- Grassroots Arts Program Allotment Table: 2022-2023
- DCP Full Application Webinar 2022-2023 (Webinar recording | Webinar PDF)
Grassroots Arts Subgranting Tools
- Subgranting PowerPoint
Provides training to potential applicants for Grassroots subgrants. The PowerPoint can be customized by local arts councils and utilized in grant workshops.
- FY 2022-2023 State Grassroots Subgrant Application Form: Word document | PDF
- Customizable Grassroots Arts Subgrant Award Packet with Contract (Word document)
- Logo Requirements
- No Overdue Tax Form
- Subgrant Panel Meeting Materials
- Subgrant Report Form
Grassroots ARPA Subgranting Tools
- ARPA Subgranting PowerPoint
Provides training to potential applicants for ARPA subgrants. The PowerPoint can be customized by local arts councils and utilized in grant workshops.
- FY 2022-2023 ARPA Federal Funding Subgrant Application Form: Word document | PDF
- ARPA Subgrant Report Form
- Arts Accessibility Resources
According to ADA Guidelines, Local Arts Councils must ensure their facilities and programs are accessible to all individuals.
- Local Government Investment Comparison
Comparison table of local government investment in the arts organized by county.