Reminder: Please review General Grant Information and Eligibility Requirements before proceeding.
This category supports organizations that provide leadership and services to a particular sector of the arts industry. Funded services include newsletters, conferences, workshops, consultations, and resource publications. SSOs must serve the entire state or a multi-state region inclusive of North Carolina.
- Open: January 5, 2024
- Due: March 1, 2024
- Range: From $5,000 to $30,000
Who may apply
North Carolina-based organizations that provide programs and services to the arts community on a statewide or multi-state regional basis are eligible to apply. First-time applicants to this category should consult with staff to determine eligibility.
Scope and allowable expenses
Grant funds support administrative and program expenses directly related to the proposed programs and services. Grant amounts generally range from $5,000 to $30,000 and must be matched dollar for dollar by the organization. Grant amounts are based on the organization’s application rating, operating budget size, and N.C. Arts Council funding history.
Funded programs and services may include newsletters, listserv and website management, conferences, workshops, classes, consultations, research, resource publications, presentations, and the development and distribution of promotional materials.
Submit your application through the GO Smart grant portal.
The following questions and documents will be required for the application. Reach out to your staff contact for questions or application assistance.
In addition to contact information, you will be asked to submit your organization’s mission statement, an organizational history, and both an Employer Identification Number (EIN) and Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) number.
All Statewide Service Organizations will submit a full application for FY2024-25 grant funds. The following information will be requested in the application.
- Provide a brief summary of your organization’s overall programs and services. If you serve constituents outside the state, indicate which of your programs and services are targeted to North Carolina artists and audiences. Specify the portion of your budget that serves North Carolina artists and audiences.
- Give a clear and concise overview of your programming plans for the grant year.
- Provide a description of the key personnel involved including facilitators, speakers, presenters, consultants, and artists. Explain how and why they were chosen and the rate of payment for their services.
- Provide a description of your membership and other recipients of your services. Include estimated numbers and provide an overview of the demographics. Describe strategies to engage participants that have limited opportunities due to factors such as educational background, geography, ethnic or cultural diversity, or economic constraints.
- Describe your organization’s financial condition. Include information about any accumulated debt, deficits, endowments, surpluses, and cash reserves. Describe your principal sources of revenue and plans for long-term financial stability.
- Upload your audit for your most recently completed fiscal year (2022–2023), a 990, or a financial statement for the period:
- Describe your organization's planning and evaluation process.
- If some of your operations serve audiences outside of North Carolina, or SSO is designated for a specific service you provide, please upload a 2022-23 itemized budget showing NC or designated impact only.
- What genre best describes your statewide activities?
Senior Program Director
Email Dara about about visual arts, craft, and film
Jamie Katz Court
Music and Dance Director
Email Jamie about music, dance, and multi-disciplinary presenting
Theater and Literature Director
Email Khalisa about theater and literature
Arts in Education Director
Email Vicki Vitiello about arts in education, arts accessibility, and arts in healthcare
Zoe van Buren
Email Zoe about folk and traditional arts or community arts and music
Grant Application Assistance
North Carolina Arts Council staff are here to assist with grant applications. Visit our application assistance page for resources and grants staff contact information.
For accessibility questions or accommodation requests, please contact the North Carolina Arts Council's Music and Dance Director, Accessibility Coordinator Jamie Katz Court at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 814-6502.