The Piedmont Laureate will be appointed for one year and will offer the following activities in Wake, Durham, and Orange counties:
- Present readings at designated public sites (libraries, arts centers, schools, universities, and other community gathering places);
- Encourage creative writing for all age groups (by offering workshops or other types of outreach);
- Promote literature at select public events;
- Bring attention to literature in less traditional settings; and
- Propose original activities to expand appreciation of the literary arts.