Regional Arts Partners are Designated County Partners (DCPs) that are responsible for overseeing the distribution and management of Grassroots Arts Program (GAP) funds in neighboring rural counties. DCPs are invited by Arts Council staff to apply as a Regional Arts Partner. Once invited, Regional Arts Partners submit an application in collaboration with an arts council, school system, community college or town government located in each of their partner counties.
Regional Arts Partners use the Grassroots allotment to provide programs and services to their partner counties. This is accomplished in collaboration with an existing arts council or other cultural organization or through a planning committee. Administrative responsibilities of Regional Arts partners include 1) preparing or overseeing preparation and ensuring the submission of each partner county’s Grassroots application by the deadline; 2) preparing or overseeing preparation and ensuring the submission of each partner county’s Grassroots final report by the deadline; 3) developing a plan to meet the GAP multicultural requirement for each partner county; and 4) ascertaining that partner organizations are in compliance with N.C. Arts Council, state and federal reporting requirements.
DCPs serving as Regional Arts Partners receive grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000, depending on the scope and quality of programs and services offered and the number of counties served. Grant funds may be used to support salaries for new positions or for the expansion of an existing position, program expenses and other related administrative costs. A one-to-one match is encouraged but not required.
Regional Arts Partners submit an application annually.
How to Apply
Applicants will submit the form electronically through North Carolina ARTS Grants Online (AGO).
Applicants will be asked to provide the following information on the application form:
- Description of each of the counties you will serve, the key partners you are working with, and the planning process involved. Enclose in your application packet letters of agreement from partnering organizations.
- Description of the services you are providing to each county. Include the following:
- How Grassroots funds will be distributed for 2013-2014
- Description o Description of the artists involved and the rate of payment for their services for all 2013–2014 arts programs
- Any technical assistance offered
- Project budget and justification for amount requested. Describe local financial support for the partnership.